WHAT CONFIRMATION IS ALL ABOUT
1. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS “The tablets were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets.” Exodus 32:16
2. THE CREED “For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures,” 1 Corin. 15:3
3. THE LORD'S PRAYER “Pray then like this: ‘Our Father, who art in heaven,” Matthew 6:9
4. THE SACRAMENT OF HOLY BAPTISM “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them…” Matthew 28:19
5. CONFESSION / THE OFFICE OF THE KEYS “If you forgive the sins of anyone, they are forgiven;” John 20:23
6. THE SACRAMENT OF THE ALTAR “Do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19
These are the six chief parts. Each part is entirely from the Bible, directly from God, and given in such a way as to help us understand His will and life for us. The catechism is the Bible preached purely, believed rightly, and confessed truthfully, according to the Gospel and all its articles. This is how God desires to be known by us, through these things, “as of first importance.”
It’s all about God’s word and work. God’s gifts, through Christ working His salvation for us, are what’s confirmed in us by the Holy Spirit. Confirmation is the individual and collective expression of this faith we have in the Lord Jesus Christ.
We are learning a great deal together. Please pray for them and their studies and for their parents and families!
2010 Confirmands: TJ Dahl, Matthew Hoffmann, Pastor Hinckley, Austen Schultz, Kayla Quittschreiber.